‘Jeopardy!’ and ‘Wheel of Fortune’ Post Yearly Growth
May 14, 2013 – CBS Television Distribution’s JUDGE JUDY continues to impress in the May Sweep, ranking as the #1 show in all of syndication, for the week ending May 5.
JUDGE JUDY scored a 6.8 HH AA%, even with the previous week.
Among talkers, DR. PHIL had the largest weekly and yearly growth of any talk show. DR. PHIL jumped +10% week to week to a 3.3 HH AA% and leaped +14% vs. the same week last year.
CTD’s game shows JEOPARDY! and WHEEL OF FORTUNE both posted yearly growth. JEOPARDY! increased +9% vs. the same week last year to a 6.0 HH AA%. The #2 game show also was the only game show to grow week to week, up +2%.
WHEEL OF FORTUNE, the #1 game show in syndication, grew +2% vs. the same week last year and was even week to week.
Newsmagazines held steady week to week, with ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT once again leading the way with a 3.6 HH AA%. INSIDE EDITION ranked second and was even week to week with a 3.0 HH AA%.
CTD had seven of the top 10 shows in first-run syndication. They are:
Program HH AA% Distributor
1. Judge Judy 6.8 CBS Television Distribution
2. Wheel of Fortune 6.5 CBS Television Distribution
3. Jeopardy! 6.0 CBS Television Distribution
4. Family Feud 4.6 Debmar Mercury
5. Entertainment Tonight 3.6 CBS Television Distribution
6. Dr. Phil 3.3 CBS Television Distribution
7. Wheel of Fortune – weekend 3.2 CBS Television Distribution
8. Inside Edition 3.0 CBS Television Distribution
9. Live With Kelly and Michael 2.5 Disney ABC
t. Ellen Degeneres 2.5 Warner Bros.
Source: NSS Galaxy Explorer week ending 5/5/13 or as dated. Live plus same day. HH AA% ratings or as noted. Excludes specials, breakouts and sports.