‘Jeopardy!' Grows +4% vs. May 2012 Sweep
LOS ANGELES – June 5, 2013 – CBS Television Distribution's JUDGE JUDY once again is the #1 show in all of syndication for the May 2013 sweep.
JUDGE JUDY earned a 6.7 HH AA%, followed by the #2 and #3 shows in first-run syndication, CTD's WHEEL OF FORTUNE (6.3 HH AA%) and JEOPARDY! (5.8 HH AA%).
JEOPARDY!, now in its 29th season, was one of just a handful of syndicated series to grow sweep to sweep, increasing +4% vs. the May 2012 sweep.
DR. PHIL cemented his status as the #1 talk show, finishing the sweep with a 3.0 HH AA%. DR. PHIL beat his closest competitor by a +20% margin (3.0 vs. 2.5). Season to date, DR. PHIL is also the #1 talk show.
Among newsmagazines, CTD had the top two shows. ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT once again let the way with a 3.5 HH AA%, followed by #2 INSIDE EDITION, which was unchanged sweep to sweep with a 2.9 HH AA%.
The top 10 first-run syndicated shows of the May Sweep are:
Program HH AA% Distributor
1. Judge Judy 6.7 CBS Television Distribution
2. Wheel of Fortune 6.3 CBS Television Distribution
3. Jeopardy! 5.8 CBS Television Distribution
4. Family Feud 4.5 Debmar Mercury
5. Entertainment Tonight 3.5 CBS Television Distribution
6. Dr. Phil 3.0 CBS Television Distribution
7. Inside Edition 2.9 CBS Television Distribution
8. Wheel of Fortune – weekend 2.8 CBS Television Distribution
9. Ellen DeGeneres 2.5 Warner Bros.
t. Live With Kelly and Michael 2.5 Disney ABC
Source: Nielsen Media Research, April 25, 2013-May 22, 2013, Live Plus Same Day US HH AA%