September 24, 2013 – CBS Television Distribution’s JUDGE JUDY opened the new season with its best premiere week in 10 years, according to Nielsen Media Research for the week ending Sept. 15.
JUDGE JUDY was the #1 show in syndication scoring an impressive 7.1 HH AA% rating, growing +13% vs. the same week last year and +15% week to week.
DR. PHIL was the #1 talk show in its season premiere week, increasing +12% vs. the same week last year to a 2.9 HH AA%. DR. PHIL also jumped +16% week to week.
THE ARSENIO HALL SHOW debuted in late night with a 1.1 HH AA% rating for its first full week. ARSENIO beat every other late-night talk show among adults 25-54 with a 0.8 rating, except for “Jimmy Kimmel,” which ARSENIO tied, and “The Tonight Show” (1.0).
Among newsmagazines, ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT led the way with a 3.3 HH AA%, followed by INSIDE EDITION, which grew +12% week to week to a 2.8 HH AA%. omg! INSIDER increased +8% week to week to a 1.3 HH AA%.
CTD’s two game shows WHEEL OF FORTUNE and JEOPARDY! both saw weekly and yearly increases. WHEEL OF FORTUNE, the #1 game show, scored a 6.1 HH AA%, growing +11% week to week and +3% vs. the same week last year.
The #2 game show, JEOPARDY!, increased an impressive +10% week to week and vs. the same week last year with a 5.3 HH AA%.
Freshman talk show THE TEST scored a 0.6 HH AA% rating in its first week.
The top 10 shows in first-run syndication are:
Program HH AA% Distributor
1. Judge Judy 7.1 CBS Television Distribution
2. Wheel of Fortune 6.1 CBS Television Distribution
3. Jeopardy! 5.3 CBS Television Distribution
4. Family Feud 4.5 Debmar Mercury
5. Entertainment Tonight 3.3 CBS Television Distribution
6. Dr. Phil 2.9 CBS Television Distribution
7. Inside Edition 2.8 CBS Television Distribution
8. Live With Kelly and Michael 2.7 Disney ABC
9. Ellen Degeneres 2.6 Warner Bros.
10. Access Hollywood Live - wknd 2.5 NBC Universal
Source: NSS Galaxy Explorer week ending 9/15/13 or as dated. Live plus same day. HH AA% ratings or as noted. Excludes specials, breakouts and sports.