‘DR. PHIL’ IS #1 TALK SHOW IN THE SWEEP
‘Judy,' ‘Dr. Phil' and ‘Jeopardy!' Grow Vs. February 2013 Sweep
CBS Television Distribution Is the Sweeps Leader
With 7 of the Top 10 Shows in First-Run Syndication
LOS ANGELES – March 11, 2013 – CBS Television Distribution's JUDGE JUDY was the #1 show in all of syndication for the February sweep, with an impressive 8.0 HH rating.
JUDGE JUDY grew +7% vs. the February 2013 sweep and averaged 11.1 million total viewers.
In addition to JUDY, two other CTD shows increased vs. the February 2013 sweep – DR. PHIL and JEOPARDY!
DR. PHIL grew +3% sweep to sweep to a 3.5 HH rating, and was one of only three talk shows to increase. DR. PHIL was the #1 talk show of the February 2014 sweep.
JEOPARDY!, which is celebrating its 30th season, also got a boost, up +3% vs. the February 2013 sweep with a 7.0 HH rating. JEOPARDY! was the #2 game show, behind only WHEEL OF FORTUNE, which finished at #1 with a 7.4 HH rating.
Among newsmagazines, ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT continued to dominate the genre, scoring a 3.7 HH rating. Second in the genre was INSIDE EDITION, with a 3.1 HH rating.
CTD led the February Sweep with 7 of the top 10 shows in first-run syndication. The top 10 first-run syndicated shows of the February Sweep are:
Program HH AA% Distributor
1. Judge Judy 8.0 CBS Television Distribution
1. Wheel of Fortune 7.4 CBS Television Distribution
3. Jeopardy! 7.0 CBS Television Distribution
4. Family Feud 5.8 Debmar Mercury
5. Wheel of Fortune – weekend 3.9 CBS Television Distribution
6. Entertainment Tonight 3.7 CBS Television Distribution
7. Dr. Phil 3.5 CBS Television Distribution
8. Ellen Degeneres 3.2 Warner Bros.
9. Inside Edition 3.1 CBS Television Distribution
t. Live With Kelly and Michael 3.1 ABC Disney
Source: Nielsen Media Research, January 30, 2014-February 26, 2014, Live Plus Same Day US HH AA%